Upcoming Significant Dates
The following links are for upcoming events:
World Day of Migrants and Refugees – 26 Sept 2021
- Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office website
- Media Release
- Migrant and Refugee Resource Kit
- Related resources from the Catholic Library of Western Australia
CEWA School Libraries Staff Network Day – 23 Sept 2021
Mark your calendar! Don’t miss this opportunity for CEWA school library staff to collaborate and participate in Professional Learning. More details are available here. To book a place to attend the day in person, click this link – arrangements to join the day virtually will follow, nearer the date.
Year Long Events
The following guides are to 2021 year long events:
Year of Saint Joseph 2021
Pope Francis on December 8, 2020 published an Apostolic Letter Patris corde (With a Father’s Heart), commemorating the 150th anniversary of the declaration of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church. To mark the occasion, the Holy Father has proclaimed a “Year of St Joseph”, running from December 8, 2020 to December 8, 2021.
- Apostolic Letter Patris Corde – Vatican.va
- Year of St Joseph Prayer Card – PDF
- Litany of St Joseph – PDF
- Prayer of Consecration to St Joseph
- Links to Monthly Reflections from the Catholic Church of Australia
- Related Resources available at the Catholic Library of WA
Previous Significant Dates
The following links are from previous significant dates and include related reading lists:
National Day of Prayer – Sunday, 22 August 2021
All Catholics are encouraged to participate in a National Day of Prayer on Sunday 22 August. The theme is “Lord Have Mercy” and is an initiative of a broad range of Christian communities, including the National Council of Churches Australia, calling people to be especially united in prayer. In addition, Library resources are available here.
NAIDOC Week 2021 – 4 to 11 July 2021
NAIDOC Week celebrates the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In 2021, the theme is “Heal Country”. To learn more, click here.
National Reconciliation Week 2021
#NRW2021 runs from 27 May to 3 June 2021. The Library has prepared some resources that may be useful here.
Month of Mary – May 2021
The month of May is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Library has put together a list of resources which is available here.
Laudato Si Week – 16 to 25 May 2021
- Message from Pope Francis
- Laudato Si Week Website
- Laudato si’ Anniversary Year Plan 2020-2021
- Laudato Si Action Platform [News site | Platform site]
- Laudato Si’ – Sowers of Hope
- Caritas Australia – Climate Change Action
- Catholic Earthcare Australia
- Global Catholic Earthcare Movement
- Global Catholic Earthcare Movement – Global Laudato Si Monthly Prayer Services
- Australian Religious Response to Climate Change
- United Nations – Department of Exonomic and Social Affairs – Sustainable Development Groups
- Reading list from the Catholic Library of Western Australia
- Justice, Equality and Development Office (JEDO), Perth:
You are invited to contact JEDO for more information to help bring Laudato Si’ inspired actions to life within parishes, agencies and/or for your personal call to action to care for our common home.
- Press Conference for the conclusion of the special Year of the fifth anniversary of Laudato si’ and to present the Laudato si’ Action Platform, 25.05.2021
Previous Library News
Other news related to the Catholic Library of Western Australia and its services are included below:
New Smartcopying Website
Smartcopying has updated their website. If you need advice regarding using copyright material in your school, click on the link or alternatively email the CEWA Copyright Officer at Lesley.email@example.com with your query.
CEWA School Staff and Item Reservations
Please note that if you work in a CEWA school and have reserved items online, the items will be sent to your school via the CEWA courier during term time or unless otherwise specified. Pls ignore the section of the online form which indicates that you have to collect the items from the Library.
The Library Has Gone Cashless
The Library has adopted cashless transactions and can no longer accept cash. If you need to make a payment, please contact the Library for payment options.
Setting/Resetting Passwords for New/Current Members
Current members will need to reset their password by clicking on the My Account icon, then click on the Set/Reset Password button. Follow the instructions on the screen and your new password will be emailed to you.
You will only require this single sign-on (your library membership card number and password) to access the entire library collection, online databases and eBook collection from the one search.
Non-members are invited to join the library by clicking the Join icon and completing the online membership form. Please note that members have to be WA residents and above 18 years of age.