The Catholic Library of WA (the Library) gratefully accepts gifts of items that add value to our collection and enhance the learning and research activities of Catholic Education Western Australia Limited. We wish to highlight the following points to potential doners:
- Individuals wishing to donate items must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org, giving details of the items to be donated, a description of the physical condition and a statement making it clear that you own them.
- Donations are accepted on the understanding that retention, cataloguing and preservation are at the discretion of the Library. All donated items will be evaluated by Library staff for inclusion in our collection in accordance with current policies and guidelines, should be in good condition and are not duplicates of current holdings.
- Items accepted for donation are to be marked for donation to the Library and may be dropped off at Newman Siena Centre, Doubleview. Donations are normally received without written acknowledgement and the Library will not be able to provide valuations for donated items.
- Items added to the collection shall be accessible to all persons qualified to use items in the Library.
- The Library is unable to accept donations if the donor wishes to place restrictions on the use or disposal of the donated items.
- The Catholic Library of WA will exercise its discretion to dispose of items not suitable for inclusion in the collection and/or surplus to its requirements.
- The Library regrets that we are currently unable to accept donations of magazines or periodicals due to limited space.